Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts

This is from last week's lesson. I sat down and typed up the blog and had it all ready to go...and then my computer froze and I had to shut 'er down without being able to post all of my hard work!! So I apologize that this is two weeks behind. I'll try to do my best in recounting the lesson that long ago...
Sis. Schiess opened up the lesson by talking about the "ity" virtues like charITY, purITY, humilITY. Sis. Peterson shared that she typed up a list of these virtues and stuck them on her bathroom mirror where the whole family could see it with a daily challenge that said "Choose your 'ity' for the day." I thought that this was such a good idea that I have started doing the same thing in my family. My children are a little too young to understand what it means but it sure has helped me have a more meaningful day when I am focusing on a virtue to improve myself, rather than every little thing I have to do that day. Try it, you might like it!
Sis. Debbie Evenson later shared a wonderful quote that had us all oooing and aaahhing about it. She said "the only people you need to get "even" with are the ones who have helped you." What a great motto to live by! I think I'll put that in vinyl and stick it on my wall to remind me to really focus on the positive.
Improving ourselves and focusing on the good things in life make us a lot happier and more pleasant to be around. I left that lesson wanting to become a better person not only for myself but for my family as well. I hope that you all read this talk and feel the Spirit touch her heart the way he did mine!

(sorry for the short synopsis...the one I wrote earlier was much better...but too much time has passed and I am like a goldfish-I only remember what happened 30 seconds ago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment