Friday, May 7, 2010

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Our very own Russ McKell has written a book!

You can purchase this book on lulu.com click on this linkhttp://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?fListingClass=7&fSearch=Crossroads+my+journey+of+words&fSubmitSearch=Go&showingSubPanels=&fSort=relevance_desc
and it will take you right to his page. Here's a little blurb about the book:

I guess I’ve always believed that while life is a journey; the destination is secondary. How we travel is everything. The moment is important; the now is all we have. Living for tomorrow is a waste of time. If we wait till tomorrow to appreciate, love, change or apologize, then we’ll be waiting a very long time. Because tomorrow never comes. There is only today – there is only this moment. So I’m a big believer in stopping to smell the roses or listening to the music on the journey. The journey is what’s important. I’m not saying that the destination is completely unimportant. It’s not. It gives us direction. But if the destination is the goal, it seems like we’re missing out on a whole heck of a lot of important stuff. So I guess I have some things to say about my journey so far.

He will be having an Open House and book signing at the Thanksgiving Point Cafe on Saturday May 15 from 1-4pm. You can bring your copy of the book and have him sign it or he will have a few copies there, but numbers are limited.
How exciting!!! Those of us who know Russ know how eloquent he is and what a deep thinker he is. I for one am excited to get my copy and read it. Come and see him at his Open House and support him on his journey. Walk the gardens while you're there and take time to smell the roses.
See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment